Action Zambia bought 100 computers from Camara last April. During their visit to Zambia in June/July they signed agreements with 5 schools in Kalomo and Lusaka for the delivery of these computers. They also met with the local Ministry of Education officer ( DEBs) who agreed to oversee the installation of the machines as well as making sure that they are being used within the schools. They also set up a community information centre with 15 computers, where they trained about 60 people in basic IT skills over 10 days. They had 7 years old and 60 years old, clergy, policemen, farmers, orphans. The thirst for IT training is unquenchable. Since then their contact in Kalomo, Sr Teresa Molloy has told them that the principals in other schools are coming out of the woodwork wondering why they didn’t get computers!
- Highlights from our 2016 M&E exercise
- President of Ireland Presides over Presentation of Camara’s 100,000th computer to local school in Dublin
- Digital and STEM Stars Rising: 300 Young People celebrated at Creative Tech Fest national showcase and awards
- The Importance of Teaching Coding
- Camara’s Impact on Education in Ethiopia