Action Zambia bought 100 computers from Camara last April. During their visit to Zambia in June/July they signed agreements with 5 schools in Kalomo and Lusaka for the delivery of these computers. They also met with the local Ministry of Education officer ( DEBs) who agreed to oversee the installation of the machines as well as making sure that they are being used within the schools. They also set up a community information centre with 15 computers, where they trained about 60 people in basic IT skills over 10 days. They had 7 years old and 60 years old, clergy, policemen, farmers, orphans. The thirst for IT training is unquenchable. Since then their contact in Kalomo, Sr Teresa Molloy has told them that the principals in other schools are coming out of the woodwork wondering why they didn’t get computers!
- Jean Cox-Kearns – 1st 6 months inside Camara Education
- Google give over €500,000 to support Camara and Foróige to double TechSpace sites in youth clubs across Ireland
- UK Social Enterprise Awards – Camara Education is a finalist!
- Two schools in Kajiado County, Kenya, benefit from e-learning project led by Camara Education in conjunction with Dell and Computer Aid
- Insights from a first time visitor to Africa