Camara is delighted to announce the completion of its Gender Education Module. While our core objective is to improve formal educational attainment, there is clearly huge potential for technology to advance social issues. To date we’ve developed material around both HIV/AIDS Education and Disability, with Nutrition on the way. Mainstreaming these issues gives us a great opportunity to tackle some of the inequities within our project countries, rather than embed them. Hopefully a quick look at the Module should give an indication of what we’re trying to do. Why develop it ourselves? To the best of our knowledge it’s the only one of its kind in the world. So much for the easy part, now we’ve to make sure it’s used. Huge thanks to Eimear and César who’ve brought it this far
- Jean Cox-Kearns – 1st 6 months inside Camara Education
- Google give over €500,000 to support Camara and Foróige to double TechSpace sites in youth clubs across Ireland
- UK Social Enterprise Awards – Camara Education is a finalist!
- Two schools in Kajiado County, Kenya, benefit from e-learning project led by Camara Education in conjunction with Dell and Computer Aid
- Insights from a first time visitor to Africa