|Thank you for supporting Camara Education. Last year alone, supporters like you ensured over half a million students started using computers in their school – some for the very first time. I was delighted to meet with one of them, Haregewoin, in Addis Ababa last September who has just started studying Computer Science at University in Ethiopia. It is an amazing achievement from when we first met her as a young student with no access to computers in 2014.|
Today we have some exciting news that will ensure, together, we bring computers to even more students in the years to come. We are delighted to announce that Camara is partnering with the world-class computer reuse company, AMI (https://amiltd.ie/), who have been operating in Ireland since 2001.
|Based in Dublin and Belfast, AMIis the market leader in the secure disposal and reuse of IT equipment, data destruction and WEEE recycling. They are the only Irish company to be certified to the ADISA IT Disposal Industry Standard and one of only four globally to hold a Distinction with Honours. The services provided byAMI are fully certified in line with the highest level of industry standards and certified to ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and 27001.|
|By the end of December 2018 supporters like you had brought computers to over 3 million students in Camara schools. This partnership will enable us to offer a better, more secure, GDPR compliant, service to our valuable supporters and increase the number of computers we can deliver to schools in Africa and Ireland. This is so important for schools to be able to offer a better education to the millions of students for whom computers are often out of reach. With this exciting partnership and your continued support, many more students like Haregewoin will see the same life-changing opportunities.|
Here’s how the new arrangement will work:
– You will continue to liaise directly with Camara staff to start the donation process.
– Once we know what products you have for donation, AMI will collect and process your equipment.
– Utilising their security vetted, trained and uniformed collection crew, AMI will pack and securely transport IT equipment in their own fleet of unmarked, GPS tracked vehicles. The equipment is returned to AMI’s secure processing facility on the same day of collection. A full detailed asset register of all products will be completed by AMI; this provides confirmation of certified data destruction via Blancco Data Eraser, data-bearing media that cannot be successfully wiped or is not suitable for remarketing, are shredded to debris.
– Equipment will then be stored and prepared for Camara to utilise in education projects, AMI will sell product that is not needed for classrooms but can generate funds to support Camara’s activities, or they will recycle assets that are not suitable for re-use.
– AMI will report back to Camara on each individual asset donated and we will provide these reports to you along with the data destruction certificates for all assets wiped.
Working with AMI, Camara can now offer a full range of secure IT Disposal solutions, including certified onsite hard drive and media shredding as well as deployment support solutions and secure relocation services. If you have any computers that you would like to donate now, or you would
like to talk about the changes outlined here, please do contact me on
+353 1 905 3111 or at email@example.com