The London to Brighton Cycle Ride follows an iconic route from Clapham Common in South London to the buzzing Brighton seafront! Please support Camara by joining our team of riders.
The London to Brighton ride is the perfect inclusive ride, challenging but achievable for anyone over 16 who can ride a bike.
Once out of London, you will predominantly cycle along quiet country lanes passing through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead and Haywards Heath before taking on the challenge that is Ditchling Beacon – a mile-long climb to the top of the South Downs where you will be rewarded with an amazing view. From there it’s all downhill for the last few miles to the Brighton seafront.
The route is fully signposted with frequent free water stops, mechanical support and a free lunch at the finish line, along with your finishers medal.
By signing up to this challenge we ask that you commit to raising a minimum sponsorship of £150 per person. We’re aiming to raise over £5000 to fund an e-Learning centre, training and support for Mazinde Day school in the small town of Mazinde, in the Tanga region of Tanzania about 350km north of Dar es Salaam. The sponsorship will provide:
- 25 PCs loaded with the relevant software and educational content. • 1 networked classroom server.
- 1 AVS (voltage stabiliser).
- 5 days of ICT Skillbuilder face-to-face training for up to 6 teachers.
- Free access to the Camara Learning Academy platform where teachers can continue their online professional development.
- Access to digital learning materials and video-based content aligned to the local curriculum.
- Maintenance and technical support for 4 years.
Some students at the school may never have even seen a computer before, and the lab also provides vital content, when books are often hard to come by. The local server allows offline access to a huge range of content, lets students study and complete assessments using digital content, and enables their progress to be tracked.
- Free cycling top to represent us on the day
- Help and materials to set up your fundraising page
- Introductions to other cyclists if you want to share the journey
- Support along the way
- Race number and ‘on the day’ information
- Individual rider number with chip timing
- Water stops along the route
- Full mechanical support
- Fully signposted and marshalled route
- Official “London to Brighton Cycle Ride” Medal on completion!
- Free packed lunch in the event village at the finish line
- You can contact the organisers on: email@example.com